As we approach the New Year, it’s time to take a look at what provided the most growth for your business, as well as where there are opportunities to expand. For women business owners, these opportunities can be particularly challenging. Female business owners tend to face unique external and internal challenges and obstacles.
If you are a business owner looking to expand your company in 2016, here are a few trends you’ll want to include in your marketing plan for the New Year.
Growing Your Company In 2016
- Know Your Limits – One of the most important qualities in a leader (and a CEO) is understanding your personal limits. That means knowing when to hire new employees to help you expand your business. You don’t need to handle everything yourself! Know when you need to hire people to take care of certain aspects of your business for you, so that you can focus on growth and expansion.
- Optimize for Mobile – Mobile traffic is going to become more and more relevant in the upcoming year. With so many consumers on-the-go, you want to make sure that your website is easily accessible in our increasingly mobile world. Not only are responsive websites easier in terms of customer-use, but they will also rank higher in Google searches.
- Keep Your Social Pages Updated – Figure out what social media platforms work best for your business. If your business isn’t active on Facebook, it should be. Facebook helps you stay in touch with consumers, establishes trust, distinguishes your company as a leader in the industry, expands your audience, and helps potential clients know that your business is active and current.
- Utilize Video – YouTube is no longer the only digital video platform. Facebook and other social networks are integrating video features into their services. Videos are a great way to catch the eye of potential customers (and keep them interested).
- Keep Things Personal – Let customers know a little about your business! Customers are more likely to come back to your business if they know that they feel like they are included. Whether you share a little bit of behind-the-scenes knowledge, insider information, or tell a story to keep them interested, giving your business a personal touch can go a long way.
- Stay Confident – One of the biggest things that hold women entrepreneurs back is confidence. Stay confident in knowing that you are a leader and make powerful strides to take your business to the next level in the New Year.
- Content Marketing Is Key – Generating quality content can go a long way towards improving consumer trust. Keeping your content interesting, relevant and informative will keep your website, blog and social pages up-to-date, as well show Google’s web crawlers that your website is worth ranking high in the New Year.
- Get Involved in the Community – There are plenty of great communities and resources available to women who own small businesses. These groups give you the opportunity to connect and share ideas with other entrepreneurs.
Interested in learning more about how you can grow your business in 2016?
We encourage women entrepreneurs to contact the Long Island Center for Business & Professional Women to learn more about the opportunities available to women in business. We provide women entrepreneurs and business women with unique opportunities to advertise and showcase their business, as well as connect with other women leaders in the area.
Interested in becoming a member? Visit our website for more information on the services that we offer to Long Island professional women or call 631-673-0209 to speak with us directly.